James Ryven Valeii | 269.601.1475 | Kalamazoo, MI
No Borders Inc. Lead Web Developer 02/2021–Present
- Complete responsibility for maintenance and enhancement of 3 critical websites (medidentsupplies.com, nobordersnaturals.com, nbdr.co) including leading content development staff, graphic design staff, and performing all website renovations.
- Bespoke OOP PHP7 Theme Development for successful Ecommerce websites that serve 50K+ visitors per year, 13K+ active users, and more than 2 million dollars in annual transactions.
- Bespoke OOP PHP7 Plugin Development to extend the native capabilities of the CMS to increase automated performance, including integration with 3rd party APIs to authenticate and fetch protected data from SaaS.
- Collaboration with Graphic Designer in Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign) including discussion and feedback on brand, module, and page element development and exporting assets as SVG and WEBP for optimal website performance.
Boiling Pot Media Owner, Web Developer 05/2011–02/2021
- Produce custom websites and site functionalities for sites that receive as many as 1 million visits per day, including complex e-commerce, membership systems, and custom data generation and reporting systems.
- Create websites that are consistently lighter weight, more secure, and more feature-rich than the client's previous website. Reduce page load times by at least 50% to as low as 1 second on mobile and desktop.
- Manage hosting, including VPS setup and advanced DNS configuration.
- Train junior developers to work within existing project standards.
- Educate website managers on website use.
- Lead photographers, graphic designers, and writers in projects.
- Contribute to opensource community by solving problems and sharing solutions.
Vine Neighborhood Association Development Director 09/2012–09/2014
- Develop the VNA website and other digital marketing materials.
- Compose and implement the VNA's annual Fund Development Program.
- Ensure compliance with funding reporting requirements.
LISC AmeriCorps Vine and Edison Neighborhood Sustainable Communities Initiative Coordinator 09/2011–09/2012
- Lead effort to align nonprofits and businesses to provide services and resources to the community.
- Community organizing.
- Brand development.
Education for Employment Advisory Committee for Kalamazoo RESA Web Development Committee Chair December 2017—Present
Community Development Act Advisory Committee for the City of Kalamazoo At-Large Board Member April 2012—January 2014
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, Michigan Bachelor of Science in Geography